Saturday, September 19, 2015

A new finish

I feel like a broken record! I just can't seem to find the time to get a post in as often as I would like. So here I am once again, more than a month since my last post. Argh! 
But, I have found some time to finish another quilt. 
Most of the fabrics for this quilt I bought way back when my husband and I went to Paducah, KY to pick out fabrics for his Mariner's Compass quilt. 
Read about it here on my very first post and see the finished quilt here.
The pattern is a Blue Underground pattern called Berkeley Square. 
The background fabrics are a variety of Kona cottons. The contrasting fabric are a variety of mostly large scale prints. This pattern comes together fairly quickly...the blocks are 14"!
Inside the inner block, I FMQ using dots and dashes. I learned this technique from Lori over at The Inbox Jaunt. She has wonderful tutorials over at her blog! 
The outside block is straight lined quilted every 1/2". This is pretty dense quilting for me.
The finished size is 70 1/2" x 84 1/2". 
The backing is one of the fabrics from the front and a solid gray strip pieced between the cuts.
I have named this quilt Block Party!
I am happy with the way it turned out and glad to finally finish a quilt that I first was inspired to make in 2010! 

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for quilt finishes! Always a joyful time (and sometimes sad to be finished with working on a quilt). Your quilt turned out beautifully! I love the greens thrown into the blues mix. I like your scrappy binding too. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the quilting. If we could all just do nothing but sew and quilt we would all have more sweet finishes. Life is full to the brim. I can't believe how fast the weeks go. You seem to get more finishes done than I do ..... Clapping for you : )
    Thanks for sharing. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love your quilt and the quilting is just so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments