Friday, July 18, 2014

A finish for Project Linus

A friend of mine gave me quite a few projects that were orphaned by
 a friend of hers that passed away. The family was happy that they
 were going to someone that would be able to use them. After looking thru
 the organized bags, it became clear that this lady belonged to a swap that
 each person sent the pieces for a themed block with instructions and
a extra square of fabric that coordinated. Usually there were
 about 6 - 8 squares in the swap. She had many of the blocks put together, 
some partially put together, and others waiting to be put together. 

As I sorted through the bags, I knew that some of them I just couldn't put together in a quilt as the blocks didn't really coordinate, or some were poorly made and the sizes didn't match up. However, this one was too cute
 not to make into a Project Linus quilt. 
Most of these 6 blocks were already made. The Sunbonnet Sue block was partially completed and the log cabin needed some logs to bring it up to the size of the others. I added sashing from the scraps of fabric that came along in the bag and the side borders to make it large enough for a baby quilt.
The back was also pieced with the coordinated squares and leftover fabric. 
I decided to bind it in a red striped fabric that I had in my stash to give
 it a pop of color! 
The only thing left is to label it and get it to the local donation shop. 
Finished size: 32.5" x 39"
Another summer finish! 
It feels good to get a few things out of my sewing room completed. 
Linking up to Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts and Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday over at Dizzy Quilts.


  1. It is great you put all of those in use. Good job!

  2. This is darling! The hat block is too cute ... :) Pat

  3. your photos are as as enchanting as this quilt....lovely Dawn...clap clap clap

  4. I love that you finished this quilt and will be giving it to charity! Great finish and thank you for sharing it at TGIFF.

  5. The red is the perfect touch! Great work!

  6. It really looks great and it is wonderful that you were able to make a pretty quilt from those bits.


Sweet sentiments