Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Oh Baby!

Last year was weddings...this year it seems to be babies! 
No, none of the couples that got married last year are having babies yet. 
Sew I have been busy making baby quilts! I already showed you the baby rag quilt that I made on a previous post. I also finished this cute quilt I'm calling Elephant March.



I found this cute elephant print that I fussy cut to fit the squares. I had been wanting to make a hour glass quilt for a while when I was inspired by this quilt by Jennifer. I love the way the coordinating striped fabric works in the hour glass. The quilting is a simple FMQ stipple. The binding is Kona Marine and the background is Kona White.

Another finish is this bright baby quilt called "Doing the Bunny Hop!"


The sashing fabrics are all dot from various fabric lines chosen to coordinate with the fussy cut bunnies.


The backing is a small pin dot in green.


The fabric for the corner stones and the prairie points is Kona White.  This is the first time I have attempted to do prairie points. I followed this tutorial by Heather at quilt.cook.keep
They were much easier to do than I expected. 
They are so cute!
 All three count as finishes in April! Yay!
What have you been stitching?
Note: Thank you for all the votes for my quilt over at the quilting gallery! It won 2nd place! I sew appreciate all your support!

6 comments:

  1. Dawn your quilts are so cute and beautifully done! Lucky, lucky babies! I love those elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the second place. I know it was only a few votes from 1st.
    The baby blankets are adorable. Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize how much I liked prairie points til I saw them on your bunny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats , not surprised at alllllllll. You do such lovely work. Both of,these are amazing..adorable aNd awesome lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cute quilts. I have only done prairie points and admire anyone who takes the time to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn I think your quilts are delightful! Well Done! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful quilts and so darn cute! I'd love to make quilts like that too

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments