Saturday, November 5, 2011

A reveal, some finishes, and the winners!

I have a bit to share today as it has been busy around here. 
First up is my reveal. I joined my first Flickr swap for a Little Quilt 
about 2 months ago. I found this great quote on Pinterest 
that I wanted to design my quilt around. 
I can now reveal my quilt since my swap partner has received it! 
It went all the way to Sweden!




And this is the cute Little Twister Quilt I received from Karen (also know as sewgentle.)


I don't have a twister ruler but I may just need to get one. Love the tessellation!

Next is a wedding gift quilt that has been WIP for quite a while. My nephew and wife got married in Sweden just 3 weeks after our daughter's wedding.  Since many family and friends (including us) couldn't go to Sweden, they were going to plan a reception/party here at a later date. Although the top and backs were pieced, without a date, it was easy for me to make this quilt a MUF. 



Two weeks ago we got the invite for the wedding party. Yikes! only 3 weeks to finish, all while the Wantobe Campaign was finishing up, the Ghastlie Blog Hop was just starting and I was participating in the Little Quilt Swap! 

This quilt is rather large and to sandwich it required some furniture removal from my living room. Thanks to my DH for doing the rearranging, I was able to sandwich the quilt and pin baste it in an evening. I decided to FMQ ribbon circles around the rings and then choose a design to go in the white middle. I also FMQ a ribbon along the border.



Now it is ready to go to the newlyweds. 

I also have been doing some knitting and finished a little throw but since this post is getting quite lengthy and you are probably wanting to know who won my giveaway, I'll leave that finish for another post. 

So without further delay the winner of the pincushion is:
Linda from Buzzing and Bumbling...

And the little zippered bag goes to:
Nancy from Coeur d'Alene! 

Congratulations Sistahs! I will be emailing you shortly.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts! Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! Thank~You Dawn, I am so excited to have something Ghastlie made!! Especially by someone as sweet as you!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geesch, I got so excited I forgot to tell you I think your Quilts in this post are just Beautiful!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I LOVE that coffee quilt. Super cute. And those newlyweds will love the quilt. It's beautiful.

    Those twister quilts are so cool. I was out on a shop hop locally yesterday and after checking three quilt shops I finally found the twister tool. In the first shop however, I found a tiny tool and one just a bit larger which creates approx a 11"x13" sized quilt which looks the same. I thought those would be great mug rug quilts and then realized that might make some amazing looking twister Christmas placemats. I can't wait to try those.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments